Why Buy New?
In short, buying new will save you money and time in the long run. New homes have a series of warranties on all appliances and mechanical systems including a roof, windows and external doors. The greatest benefit is the Home Warranty and Energy Efficiency.
New Home Warranty
Home warranty insurance on new homes includes a minimum of 2 years on labour and materials (some limits apply), 5 years on the building envelope, including water penetration, and 10 years on structure. The 2-year labour and materials coverage is broken down as follows: Any defect in materials and labour: • 12 months on detached homes and on non-common property in strata units (includes fee simple homes) • 15 months on common property of strata buildings Defects in materials and labour related to the delivery and distribution systems (electrical, plumbing, heating ventilation, air conditioning, etc.): • 24 months for all buildings
The New BC Building code ensures your new home has R50 in the attic or roof space and R24. However the code goes much further. In simple terms each new home has a series of calculation that determine proper insulation and air flow. In some cases air handlers are installed to ensure the right amount of fresh air is brought into the home in the most efficient manner. Here is a list of Features that Redstone homes have that make them efficient.
- 96% Efficient Natural Gas furnaces
- Programmable thermostats capable of creating optimal energy use
- Energy Star windows and external doors (Low E)
- Hot water on demand
- Low flow facets and water closest
- External underground watering systems (Optional)
- South and East Facing Homes
- Significant saving on gas consumption
- Lower use of power also saving money
- Lower use of water saving money on metered use of water and sewer
- Environmental benefits include reducing the homes carbon foot print
New homes do save money but they also save time because the homeowner is not worried or working on an older home. Less trips to the Hardware store means more time to spend enjoying life.
Want to Lean More?
fill out the form below and we will send you more information on the Redstone Community Advantage
Contact Richard Daoust (Century 21): 250-368-7897
Contact Cary Fisher: firstname.lastname@example.org | 250 368-1688